Activate your introverts – The programme
Improve productivity by improving leadership awareness of introversion.
Most businesses exclude, or reduce, the effectiveness of introverted team members by unwittingly acting in ways that suit more extroverted staff.
The result of this is that approximately 1/3rd of the firm (survey data) feel under engaged and not fully productive.
Changing this situation improves diversity and quality of group decisions, improves productivity and creativity; by tackling the 33% loss of productivity due to ignorance of introversion.
Achieving this change needs a new approach from leaders.
What is the programme?
A series of workshops, tailored for your organisation, working with leaders in the business.
Objective: Improve productivity in the business by training leaders to use the whole team, rather than excluding the introverted team members.
What’s the business benefit?
A typical business is underutilising up to a third of their staff. Improving leadership awareness of introversion and implementing skills to change can improve productivity, creativity and staff engagement, by up to a third. Business benefits include:
- Improved communication (internal and external
- more effective introduction and embedding of change
- more productive, and harmonious, team meetings
- more productive sales conversations
- happier clients
- less staff turnover
- improved internal succession
Stages in the programme
This programme can (and should be) be tailored to suit the needs of the business; but typically includes the following:
- Confirming the brief: An initial meeting to ensure the programme is finetuned to the organisation and practices within it. This is a one-hour meeting with the business leader, or HR manager.
- Understanding introverts: A two-hour practical session to understand the concepts, identify preferences (Introvert/ Extrovert) of the team, identify the issues (and possibly people involved), calculate a baseline for the productivity and initial strategies to improve the situation.
- Productivity strategies: A two-hour practical workshop to identify potential issues within the team and strategies to improve the situation. The strategies are linked to the issues, and the baseline from the previous workshop.
- Follow Up: Implementation is key in any change and where things normally go wrong. Unless habits are changed there is no improvement, so the initial investment isn’t fully realised. The follow up entails 2-3 virtual sessions to check actions are completed, fine tune skills in light of the results and help to lock in place the new habits. Each session also entails looking at the improvement over the baseline. These sessions should take place 1,3 and 6 months after the initial workshops.
I would love to talk about the needs of your organisation and how we could tailor this programme to improve the productivity in your business.
Email email@example.com, complete the contact form, or click here to immediately book a mutually convenient time in our diaries; I look forward to the conversation.