- Why leaders should think about mental health week
- Introversion is not a mental health issue
- Being introverted does not mean you’re lonely.
- “First impressions count” in recruitment, and one of the problems with that.
- 76% of Americans are against bringing the Tyrannosaurus rex back from extinction, 10% are in favour.
It’s mental health week in the UK, so this show focuses on Mental Health. Mental Health week is an opportunity for people to talk about mental health, raise its profile and lower the stigma.
Previous episodes have touched on related issues. You can listen again to episodes by Mike Pagan, Kathy Chillistone and Lisa Seagroatt. Those episodes touch on why understanding mental health is important for us as leaders, which is also a theme for today’s episode.
Introversion in not a mental health issue, although the behaviour of some people towards others (including introverts) can help create stress and feelings of inadequacy. As a leader your role is to get the most from your whole team, so understanding introversion and mental health are important.
This episode has a slightly different format to normal, I hope you enjoy it.