- Sweden’s PM has been tweeting the wrong Liz Truss.
- Swan on train tracks holds up rush hour commuters for an hour
- One of my favourite lines from Dale Carnegie is still getting quoted. “Show interest in others, and others will show interest in you”. I’m going to add a caveat to it though.
- A discussion with Lindsay Barnett: Lindsay provides flexible and independent HR support and advice to busy HR teams and businesses. Contact Lindsey at https://lindsaybarnetthr.com
- Question of the week: Why should we treat introverts more softly than everybody else, there’s only one of two of them in the team.
My takeaways from the discussion were:
- It’s easy to disengage a large part of the team when trying to engage the team
- Ask, in different ways, what people want.
- Consider socialising ideas which involve talking about the specific event, not general chat.
- Get to know and understand your own preferences, so you don’t always impose them on others